Sunday, August 01, 2010

bloghints.com

OK, now that I learned how to easily post a reciprocal link not from the homepage I will try to continue reviewing blog directories more often.
To tell you the truth, I was a bit hesitant to continue reviewing directories once my homepage got PR3. The reason is because I didn't wan to link to directories from a PR3 page and get a reciprocal link from a PR0 page.

Anyway, let's review bloghints.com (click on "read more" at the bottom of this post to see their button)


I was surprised to see that it will take them 30 business days to review and approve my blog! Obviously in the meantime they get a one month link to their directory from my blog for free. I also wonder how many people submit their blog and forget to check one month later if their blog was added to bloghints or not... I will check it and update this post in 30 days. This is what they write:
"A reciprocal link is required to your blog's homepage is required. Submissions without a reciprocal link will be rejected.
Reciprocal Blogs will be approved within 30 business days"

Also, it says that my link will be live for 1 year only... after that I'll have to resubmit. You should take that into consideration if you are thinking to submit your blog on bloghints.

UPDATE 1:
it looks like it's going to take me more time than what I thought... there is an error message on bloghints and I can't submit my blog... here is the message I get:
Warning: Smarty error: validate: validator id 'v_LINK_TYPE' is not registered. in /home/bloghint/public_html/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I will write them and notify them of the mistake... we'll see what they say.

Recommendation: Good


this is what bloghints will ask you to put on your blog once you submit to their directory:
Blog Directory

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...I am the editor of Bloghints.com. I was wondering if you have an update on your experience with Bloghints.com. I would like to rectify any problems you may have had.

Thanks,
Alec
alec@bloghints.com

Editor said...

Hi Alec, I already updated my recommendation on your directory.
thanks

Anonymous said...

that is definitely what I was searching for, You have saved me alot of time

Anonymous said...

You have mentioned very interesting details ! ps nice website .